Author Topic: Thanks a million to these members!  (Read 243 times)

Offline Toxxyc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
Thanks a million to these members!
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:52:16 AM »
Right, so my time on AVF hasn't been long or very involved here, but I do think specific thanks is in order for two members in specific.

First off, to wolla.  When I just joined here he helped me acquire two of those small amplifiers for me to start off with.  No questions asked, he trusted me and helped me to really get going.  To you, Sir, my sincere thanks.  One of those small amplifiers have hence made it to another member for his daughter's school project, but the other resides with me still and won't be going anywhere!

Then, secondly, to Nidri.  Over the past few months, and specifically concerning my DIY Bookshelves build, he has helped me like few other people in my life helped me before.  I won't go into finer details, but lets just say that thanks to this fine gentleman, my DIY speakers are playing better than ever before, on equipment I would never have owned without his input.  He helped me troubleshoot issues I experienced first-hand, and I am humbled and in awe for this.

I hope to help others on here like I have been helped here by these two in particular (but plenty more as well).  Thanks gents, and thanks to everyone for making this forum one of my daily "requirements" (when I can, of course).   :dop:

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

• AVForums Member
Re: Thanks a million to these members!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:27:20 PM »
Nice to see this!

Maybe a name change to Non-Toxxyc is in order! :point:

Offline Katji

• AVForums Veteran
    • soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
Very nice to hear, and that your system is satisfying you, that it's a big improvement on what you were doing before.

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 03:08:38 PM »
Very nice to hear, and that your system is satisfying you, that it's a big improvement on what you were doing before.

You have no idea.  Nidri also helped me find out that my bookshelves are lacking in the bass department.  I suspect it might be because of the large room those small drivers are feeding, but the point it that I will need to find a subwoofer for them.  The amplifier I currently have does have an output for an active subwoofer, so my next DIY project will be a subwoofer with a plate amp from here.  I've seen them float around...  :D

Offline XL1000

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 05:20:59 PM »
What...? Plates Floating around. :giggle: 
Seriously though, there are amazing people on this forum, so many go out of their way to assist and help others.
Having been a party to this goodwill from time to time I have to agree with you. Stunning.

Heck, I even got my sons first BMW from a forum member and he is still driving his F20 125i Turbo today.
Good of you to give thanks where thanks is due.  :dop:

Pity you missed out on my Mission Sub - R500.00 was a killer price. I may have a Polk or something of use to you though.
I always seem to have too many sub-woofer's anyway. I'll take a look see.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 06:29:43 PM »
I can add XL1000 to this list as well, Aaron went totally out of his way to deliver some items that he sold to me. True gent!

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline XL1000

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 06:15:11 AM »
I can add XL1000 to this list as well, Aaron went totally out of his way to deliver some items that he sold to me. True gent!

-F_D

Erik, Klerksdorp is really not that far from JHB... :mates: Only a pleasure Sir.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 06:44:43 AM »
What...? Plates Floating around. :giggle: 
Seriously though, there are amazing people on this forum, so many go out of their way to assist and help others.
Having been a party to this goodwill from time to time I have to agree with you. Stunning.

Heck, I even got my sons first BMW from a forum member and he is still driving his F20 125i Turbo today.
Good of you to give thanks where thanks is due.  :dop:

Pity you missed out on my Mission Sub - R500.00 was a killer price. I may have a Polk or something of use to you though.
I always seem to have too many sub-woofer's anyway. I'll take a look see.

Yeah I've seen some Mission plate amps for sale fairly regularly on here, to be honest.  I definitely need a subwoofer.  Not sure when (definitely budget dependent), but I definitely need one.  Would be awesome to build my own, to be honest, but if I can get one pre-built it might also work just fine.  Let me know if you have something for sale someday :D

Offline XL1000

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 07:23:52 AM »
I will take a look this weekend and see what I have available. Maybe an old Jamo than needs TLC - Cleanup of the knobs etc.

Offline Toxxyc

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 07:53:40 AM »
I will take a look this weekend and see what I have available. Maybe an old Jamo than needs TLC - Cleanup of the knobs etc.

TLC is close to DIY - sounds fun!   :clap: