Author Topic: NEW YEAR CLEARANCE SALES  (Read 1524 times)

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
NEW YEAR CLEARANCE SALES
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:23:24 PM »
Cape Townians are privileged..... I am about to clear and clean my showroom at 13 Hof.  Since I moved most to THE LOFT there are still a lot new & original packed products, lots of demo models which need to find new homes...

Audio Analogue (actual versions) Crescendo Integrated and Crescendo CD Players ...all new for less than 50%

rega Brio R (Integrated with build in Phono MM), rega Apollo R CD Player and the very last rega RP3 TT

Odeon Tosca3 (what a beautiful speaker) demo pair

Odeon Midas demo pair     

One of my all time favorites.... Unison Research Max1 (italian walnut) and Unison Triode 25 (one of the best sounding Valve Amps) ..both demo units..

Northstar Transport and separate DAC/Upsampler demo

Tannoy Precision 6.2 Limited Edition (new ones and demo)

NuForce/NuPrime Ref18 Mono Amps  demo

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
Re: NEW YEAR CLEARANCE SALES
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 06:24:52 PM »
.....the 2 Odeon speaker models are totally unknown in this country but they are so beautyful made...so easy to drive and who is brave enough to see more on the speaker horizon than some ultra-known but boring brands might get a shocking surprise how damned good they are...

Audio Analogue? Look in the web for these italian beauties...

Oh I forgot I have a Clearaudio Concept Wood on sale as well.... a super mint demo model.... with Clearaudio MM..

...and a brandnew vdH Colibri Cartridge (original packed), some exceptional good Well Tempered Lab MM Carts (retail 650 USD) at less than half.....

Offline Momo

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 06:39:09 PM »
price on a well tempered tlc mm?

Offline Nidri

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Don't panic.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:33:15 PM »
Northstar Transport

Hi, is this the top-loader with Philips CD-Pro?

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 01:00:39 AM »
...price of the Well Tempered TLC is R 3.800 ..its an amazing Cart! ( retail 650 USD)

and yes the Northstar Transport is the Top Loader with CD Pro....old, rock solid and still good ....

Offline juventino

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »
Hi Achim
I might have missed you this year but will come to CPT again soon
Price on the triode 25
Cheers
Adriano
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »
PMs send.....

It seems that "my Max1s" are a kind of "Legend" here.... even only a few Forum members had heard them.

But yes..... for me the combination of Triode25, Max1 and a simple tiny rega Apollo R CD Player is a perfect match - this little set up makes some serious brands and models sound really "doof". Often it takes years..for some a lifetime of combining the wrong things again and again to get to such perfect combination (regardless the price). Who ever jumps on this special of my demo Max1 and Triode25 might arrived in Audio Nirwana....

Another magic combo (one in a thousand) are my Martion Bullfrogs.....they open to many good amps.... Triode25 as a good start or a Brinkmann Integrated or the big Brinkmann Monos...or even any Gryphon Amp (from Diablo300 to Mephisto). The Bullys seem not to have any limits.....

BTW.... those Tannoys 6.2 LE which are on special playing wonderful with a little Unison Simply Two Valve (R 30K only) ..or as a good start with a rega Brio R (on special as well..).

Offline itscraig

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »
Hi Achim,

I had a look at these "Odeon Tosca3" WOW, they look amazing.
Absolutely beautiful.
what is the pricing?

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 12:54:16 PM »
...yes they look stunning...especially in my version. its the Tosca S not 3  ;) the latest version.
Retail in Germany was +7.800 /pair...in standard options they started at 6.800 /pair.

So since I decided to only operate from THE LOFT.... I will keep my focus more on the Top High End side (rega will be the only exception)

To answer your question... 66K is the price for my Toscas...and they ll look and perform wonderful in any room...

Offline pwatts

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 12:55:29 AM »
I spent many hours listening to the Toscas. Really a superb speaker, massive soundstage and deep bass but the naturalness is IMO its true strength. One can listen to them hours on end without fatigue, which is rare nowadays. They need a bit of power but works well with class-D amplification too. Easily a speaker I can live with on long-term and a great deal at the price. The veneer on the particular set is also very attractive.

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »
..Pierre indeed...the price of those Toscas is not only a bargain...its a joke..... ;)    In Germany they would be gone within the first minutes of such an advert.

Its sometimes amusing me that in a market where most guys chasing for bargains.... they dont see any tree in a forest  ;)
You re right the Toscas - other than Fidelio or Midas - need current and power... the Midas goes easy with a Simply Italy or Triode25..

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
    • 13hof
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 06:12:36 PM »
and again.... Max1, Triode 25 and an Apollo R CD Player..... beats lots of combos 4 times the price and more. This combo you connect and find happyness.....  And if you fall in love with that combo ...one day you upgrade to Avantgarde Uno XD... still with Triode 25 and Apollo R.....(I cant praise and rave enough about this little CD Player ....)

Offline Blue Bull

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Chris
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 06:55:45 AM »
Rega CD + Triode 25 + Max 1s ...excellent combination !  :thumbs:
Merlin VSM MXr Master BAM/Unison Research Triode 25 /MLevinson 36/Sony 790/PS UPC200/Transp Ultra PowerLink/SignalCable pwrcords/Monster M1500i M1000i/Transp Super sp c / Manley Stingray II/Revel M22/Cardas G Ref sp cable.The Gryphon Callisto 2100