Author Topic: The 2017 Schitt for the entire year since January, still hasn't stopped  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Agaton Sax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: The 2017 Schitt for the entire year since January, still hasn't stopped
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »
Thank you so much for doing this Kent.it is really awful to see this unfolding from a distance while not being able to do anything.

There were 3 things that mattered in Andre’s life : His deep love for his beloved wife Pam, his dog Judy and his love of precision mechanical things,especially creating or fixing such devices.

In the matter of a single year he lost Pam to cancer, he himself was diagnosed with the disease,sevely impairing his ability to tinker and now his dog died.

I visited him earlier this year and it pained me greatly to see the house,once so filled with love and sunshine now gloomy and lonely.i do hope the old curmudgeon pulls back from this. Despite  his debilitation our small audio community needs him far more than he needs us.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:49:32 PM by Agaton Sax »

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 11:27:49 PM »
Thanks Kent. 

Andre/Skollie, I wish you strong will. 

A little off topic.  In the last few weeks I have come to realise that these cyber friendships can mean a lot more than we think. For a number of us they mean as much and sometimes more than friendships in the normal world.  Here we speak our mind to folks who understand our crazy obsession and share laughter and tears. 
Some of us feel more at ease and amongst friends than they do around a fire and vleisie.
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline Gramophone

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 07:23:48 AM »
A little off topic.  In the last few weeks I have come to realise that these cyber friendships can mean a lot more than we think. For a number of us they mean as much and sometimes more than friendships in the normal world.  Here we speak our mind to folks who understand our crazy obsession and share laughter and tears. 
Some of us feel more at ease and amongst friends than they do around a fire and vleisie.

+1

My deepest condolences to Andre (Skollie) with the loss of his beloved dog and friend.  They are not just dogs or pets, they are members of the family. I also lost one of my "children" and can understand how utterly devastated you must feel.  Best wishes for you for the new year!
"Midnight is where the day begins"

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »
Any update re how Andre is doing?
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+58)
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 01:52:50 PM »
Checking shortly,just got home.....
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 02:02:44 PM »
Crazy trying to get proper info from the hospital....the phone rings forever....he is still in the ward and when I asked if he is staying I was told to call back later as she was unsure.....will update.Andre's cellphone is off.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 02:09:36 PM »
021-4045208 is the ward number....it seems that speaking to a doctor is near impossible.

Offline pwatts

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2017, 06:20:13 AM »
Still no update?

Offline Nirvana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2017, 11:32:20 AM »
Damn,this is an unsettling thread!  :vsad:

Really hoping and praying that there is enough will and life energy left in the man that is revered by all of us...  :pray:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2017, 01:17:05 PM »
Phone is back on but it just rings....will call the hospital again but getting info is near impossible thus far.

Offline Katji

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • soundcloud
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »
Andre, thanks. Then maybe he's got the charger +adaptor...but i wonder what's going on.
#SPOTIFYMUSTFALL

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
Thank you for your efforts Andre aka Kent  :thumbs:
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2017, 09:43:06 PM »
Gents....i took another chance and drove past the house this afternoon and as fate would have it Andre's brother was outside with his wife....we chatted for a fair amount of time and I can report that Skollie  has been moved to another ward and is being cared for at Groote Schuur currently.I was asked to not say much more than that but please feel free to call myself....Andre wont be taking any calls.I feel a little awkward being so vague but I don't wish to step on anyone's toes or upset Andre....my number is 0826887782....perhaps a visit from some local friends this side should be done....i will also do so.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 02:30:19 PM »
Andre V, any more news about Andre?  He is not at home yet?

Thanks

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 03:12:11 PM »
Not that I am aware of.....i haven't heard a peep from his brother and the cellphone is off....