Author Topic: Aqua La Voce DAC  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Stanp

Re: Aqua La Voce DAC
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 05:03:43 PM »
Nidri, I will never sell mine. Never ever. I have not up graded as yet. I am going to soon though. I have spoken to Stefan about it. As you know they are modular in design so small up grades are easily done by ones self- plug and play. This is an extensive up grade; has to go back to Italy. But that is not a problem.

Online Nidri

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Do you have change for a paradigm?
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »
Exciting stuff.
Curious to hear some first-hand feedback.
There isn't much on the Net yet.

Offline Stanp

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 06:10:39 AM »
Yes indeed. I suppose it is a bit early for reviews to appear on the net. Have to give it a bit of time

Offline carl

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 08:31:55 AM »
Mine is ordered and will be here in a week or two... :thumbs:

Offline Stanp

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 06:33:56 AM »
That is wonderful Carl. :2thumbs: I am sure it will bring you years of enjoyable music. Aqua is creating great DACs. Please let us know what you think of the DAC.

Offline carl

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 08:06:52 AM »
Thanks, I'm really quite excited after all the excellent things that have been said about Aqua DACs!

Offline Stanp

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 06:32:41 PM »
I have had my Aqua La Voce' S2 for sometime now; my opinion now is the same as my original review. It is indeed an amazing DAC. I could find absolutely no negative reviews. All reviews praised Aqua DACs. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 06:42:06 PM by Stanp »

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Music lover and involved in industry
    • Airmusic
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 06:56:52 PM »
The feedback about the Aqua units are just overwhelming, thanks, guys. Apparently, according to one show reporter, the designer Cristian was some kind of hero in Munich.  :)

Just to wet the appetite here is the inner detail about the S3, a high res pic I just got from Cristian.

No stereotyping about any other country but the "made in Italy" sign does inspire confidence when it comes to fine hifi.

Offline carl

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 02:06:18 PM »
My S3 arrived this week and is quite exceptional.
It’s very musical and detailed without ever being clinical or fatiguing. It seems equally at home with all genres and has not yet disappointed in any way.
As with any kit opinions will vary, but try to listen to it. You could well be very pleasantly surprised, feel to pm me if you’d like to come over to listen.
Thanks Stefan!

Offline Stanp

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 12:51:05 AM »
Hi Carl. It is good to hear that you are happy with it; not that I thought you would not be. Enjoy :)
You are quite right; if people listen to it they will be very pleasantly surprised indeed. The bottom line is that if you are interested in having digital music you have to have a good DAC. Aqua have nailed it  :clap:

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 03:32:33 PM »
What we prefer and like is very subjective so I agree with Carl that opinions will differ about all equipment and maybe that is what keeps our interests flamed. I really find any comments in reviews and impressions such as "the best yet", or "chalk and cheese' or any generalised comments of such nature as lacking in credibility at best.

So the Aqua La Voce S3 is not the best DAC ever and nor does it sweep the floor with all other similar priced units ;)

However, after listening to the Aqua La Voce S3 for a few hours now, all I can say is that I love it. The sound signature from all the Aqua units I now have spent time with is consistent. More money buys you more refinement, maybe more detail, maybe more black background, maybe a bit more oomph etc but what is consistent is how for me at least is how the Aqua units just make me relax and forget about the fact that I am listening to a hifi. Maybe the best accolade I have heard yet is my wife saying in an unsolicited way when I played the 1st few tracks today  "that now sounds nice, it sounds like music and with that, I can live with" 

Online chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 04:37:49 PM »
Its called "the proof is in the pudding".  I think we give far more credence to specifications.  Listening is all - several friends who are ardent music appreciators say the same thing.  The equipment must be the means to the end

Stan, what will the upgrade supply to your unit?
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Online chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 04:42:01 PM »
See its £2995 in the UK.  Have read about the series 3
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 04:53:08 PM »
Chris the unit I am listening to is the S3 and soon Stan will also be able to comment on the S3 as well  ;)

Next week we will hopefully do a direct comparison with the S2, the PCM 1704 version as well.

Online gavinbirss

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2018, 11:52:35 PM »
I have listened to the S3 today connected to Stefan's Pathos TT with Rosso Fiorentino-Fiesole speakers.

I found the Aqua S3 very musical and engaging. Only USB and single-ended output was used and it does pair well in the above setup.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:58:26 PM by gavinbirss »