t q d - ukg (FACT mag's Top 50 Albums 2017, bandcamp "name your price")

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katji

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
t q d - ukg 
FACT mag's Top 50 Albums 2017 http://www.factmag.com/2017/12/20/best-albums-2017/
Genre:  UK Garage ...on the lighter melodic side. 
I listened to the track in the FACT mag article last night, thought it was worth following up, so i just now checked on bandcamp and found it's a free / "name your price" album.  I listened to other tracks, only one I disliked, "Baked Beans".  :p

DJ Q, Flava D and Royal T?s collaborative debut doesn?t offer anything particularly fresh or insightful, but it doesn?t have to. Within seconds it?s quite clear that ukg is a labor of love, offering a tight, expertly-engineered snapshot of a sound that was never given its proper dues. Blending bassline and 2-step flavors, the trio rock through the Northern-Midlands canon with a cheeky grin and gunfingers raised; tracks like ?Vibsing Ting? and ?Touch? remind fondly of simpler, boozier times. It?s an unashamed nostalgia trip - one best served with a glass of top shelf bubbly, yer best Moschino slacks and a pair of Gucci loafers. JT

a0557526378_7.jpg

bandcamp : https://tqdukg.bandcamp.com/album/ukg

Royal-T, DJ Q and Flava D are t q d.

ukg represents the broad spectrum of the sounds they have been killing clubs and festivals with over the past 18 months: Garage, Bassline, House and Grime.

Familiar tracks 'Vibsing Ting', 'Ghosts' and 'Only One' join 7 more previously unheard tracks written after their huge 25 date UK tour finished in December in the studio in the spiritual home of t q d, Leeds.

This is the first of many significant projects to come from the trio in 2017, from DJ Q's huge Bass Fest events to Flava D's relentless production output to Royal-T's return to Butterz with his first solo EP since 2015, it's shaping up to be a busy year.

ukg is only the second LP on Butterz following Swindle's 'Peace, Love & Music' in 2015 and is the first project that the full crew got to work on. From Swindle & Skilliam sharing production credits on 'New Day' to resident art director David Kelly and photographer James Gould handling all visual elements.

Latest posts