Headphone Cable Mod

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KKAN

AVForums Member
Reaction score
So the Sennheizer HD202's come with a crappy cable, and mine had just given way, so I have taken this route with success :thumbs: Its not the neatest job, but hey, anyone who has a good soldering hand, and a bit more patience can make it look like a factory job. took me about an hour in total,
I found old nokia earphones, that was detachable at the mic so I stripped out the female jack from there, and I had a cable with the male on both ends (not sure what this cable is called) from a pc monitor with built in speakers, so that worked out perfectly + Q Bond. Best part was that these headphones are so easy to take apart. So here are some pics of what I have done.

easy disassembly
fo8iWYIGng88J0j_MmytcMdvp-ABTBxspFly_MrUEzg%2CjMtmKi7HMI7pGZjbLrg1p-_NPK_6J0-SUbXOxkpXAvo

Re-routed the right side cable
cUWtBuxk2IzewNzL7BlC0ILjtY8qPuUcU9mEdIcqV-Y%2CLD9s-o8Cnxcz9ct5M0XVzlZcWnm3pvYhacNxh5QLceo

Some shoddy soldering + superglue
-0e1wX-VuwhFBXnU8fBCT9LZZWFTNJw7DFvbPn0ND1o%2CkklM0mx00_KsZrSI0LlynKQLp2jx1pREErh8_KTN40I

End Result
CLJHlasqHjlEBxb8WTEYr3x2uj6XJD8YqnkC-P_NuoM

I didn't glue the cable on the left side, in case of "maintenance"
Ocn2TC98GYJfLSCD8l2p-LaIgxi7rUj6iyUlfyZdrQc%2CAs-Om_Qtsd_FVA31RlRvFMeDxB2PASvNWs_579eIqjo

Latest posts