Think i found it

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So i mentioned a while back - in 2000 i was in the uk and my friends dad was big into sound - think he worked for a record company or something before he died - very wealthy people.

He built a dedicated sound room - with on suite jacuzzi room ...

Anyway his  setup comprised of a yamaha avr and BOSE acoustimas system (bose acoustimas had just come out then)

The Yamaha unit they have is the yamaha dsp-a970...even back then when i didnt know much about home theatre i never liked the BOSE system, i would have done floorstanders in front and bookshelves at the back with a decent centre.  Movies on the BOSE sounded wow - but not music.  They had a few movies on Laserdisc!!!  And a SONY laserdisc player - also with a 100hz old tube tv - think a yamaha double cassette deck. 

I think we could have got on well should he still be alive - could share audio stories and i could ask him what possessed him to buy a BOSE lol - But i think back then BOSE acoustimas was new technology and had the wow factor...

Anyway my quest is complete - i'm still trying to download the product guide for 1993-1995 as that's when they made that amp. Definitely a UK version i think (i used up my quota for the day downloading off hifi engine lol so will try first thing tomorrow morning)

He had more audio equipment in the house -  He had an old JVC amp and 3 head cassette deck in another room with 2 set of speakers - a true audiophile!

Latest posts