Author Topic: Momentum 2 vs B & W P3  (Read 425 times)

Offline batman diver

Momentum 2 vs B & W P3
« on: December 18, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »
Im in the uk for Christmas and need some new cans i cant decide between the above 2 ? .... Any suggestions or somthing  else to look at ? .... They Will be used for travel and home , maybe a bit of gym ( weights) not running , is wireless worth the extra cash ? I find cable much clearer

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Offline Momo

Re: Momentum 2 vs B & W P3
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »
i have the P5 wireless and for me they are awesome,consider the PX wireless benefits with noise cancelling as well.

Offline kamikazi

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:21:30 PM »
I found both of those to be not quite to my tastes, but of the two the Momentum 2 is definitely the more listenable while the P3 is definitely more portable (the P5 is a substantial step up, the P5 wireless would be nice, but I don't recall them being that great on noise isolation). If you want to use them for travel I'd give strong consideration to wireless and noise cancellation. When I was in Europe the last time, the Bose QC35 and Sony 1000X were pretty well priced compared to what you would pay locally. Of the two I'd rate the Sony for sound quality and the Bose for NC.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:26:22 PM by kamikazi »

Offline batman diver

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:08:53 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys, i ended up getting the momentums, they were marked down to 200 pounds for the wireless,
Noise cancellation is not something i have ever thought of but i must say after experiencing how well it works I am so happy i got the wireless ones, although im using the aux cable to my dac with the noice cancellation on ... Works very well

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk