Author Topic: Should the age of an advertised item be a compulsary requirement?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline thenoizeguy

Re: Should the age of an advertised item be a compulsary requirement?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »
My good is another persons mint condition. Our standards do not seem equal on this. 

100% with you on that one.
One persons "good " is another's POS.
You usually know this when there are dodgy, or no pics at all.

A "bit dusty " and a"small scratch that will polish out " are usually good signs that the seller actually couldn't care less to even bother cleaning or attempting the "small " fix.
AVOID

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Expensive cables come in fancy silk lined wooden boxes to make you feel better about spending a fortune on them.

Offline Dolby

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 07:17:08 AM »
What makes this even trickier is when the same model has been (or used to be) available for a very long time.
E.g. Linn LP12.

+1

I bought an amplifier that was in production for a while and it was only '6' years old. A few things bugged me when i got it home and I mailed the manufacturer with the serial, only to find it was 12+ years old.

One of the reasons I took it back actually.

Online Nidri

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »
Unfortunately not all manufacturers make it easy for you to figure out when different models were released.
This is one of the better ones:
http://www.accuphase.com/history.html
Whilst Nidri takes reasonable care to ensure that the information in this message is correct and up to date, this might not always be the case. Nidri does not give any warranties as to the accuracy and safety of any information appearing in this message.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 04:23:35 PM »
You can move this thread to the "General" section if you want

The reason for posting it in sales is because this section gets a lot of attention, we (most of us) like getting bargains.  I have bought some marvellous stuff and have never been disappointed
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound