Author Topic: OK Now I have the need to build  (Read 1161 times)

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: OK Now I have the need to build
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 02:12:40 PM »
Thought I'd revive this briefly.  I managed to source some Goodmans Axiom 201 12" drivers and used two more of the shelves to mount them in OB.  The original thought was to also mount the 6" drivers and run parallel but having placed the Goodmans in the boards and connected them up I think I'll stick to two different pairs of Open Baffles in different sizes.  They sound great by a wall (about 1/2-1m out, at the moment propped up on a chair), and I had the wood seal and some sandpaper left over from the last build so total cost was the drivers and a pack of screws for R12.  I will just need to put some feet on but may try 'wings' if I can find some more off cuts.

I'm not sure how good the youtube frequency sweep clips are but tried two of them and speakers seemed to work from about (60-90)Hz - around 13.5kHz.  Below that the sub bass doesn't really show up (not an issue for me) and above 13kHz my ears are getting older so I'm not going to miss that much.  Tried it with two frequency sweeps and seemed about the same.  Much nicer is listening to music so Loma is currently playing on flac.
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?