Author Topic: aluminum plate wanted  (Read 214 times)

Offline diyaudio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
aluminum plate wanted
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »
I need a custom aluminum heat-sink plates see exact example below, where do I find a supplier who can do this in the Cape Town area?

https://pasteboard.co/GWPZ6N6.png

Offline Prince

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
Re: aluminum plate wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:36:48 AM »
Hello diyaudio

Speak/PM to Chingy, he works with all metal sorts. I'm sure he can help you.

:cool:
"F5 Amp Power + Pedal Power = F5 Pedal Power"

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:22:17 AM »
Those are extruded sections, cut and drilled/tapped to requirements. The extrusions are available from aluminium suppliers, like Aluminium City, Extrusion World and Non-Ferrous Metals should have them. Any engineering shop should be able to make the parts for you. Also looks like it can be made DIY with a hack saw, drill and tap.

Where are you situated, boet?

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline diyaudio

• AVForums Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:54:30 AM »
Those are extruded sections, cut and drilled/tapped to requirements. The extrusions are available from aluminium suppliers, like Aluminium City, Extrusion World and Non-Ferrous Metals should have them. Any engineering shop should be able to make the parts for you. Also looks like it can be made DIY with a hack saw, drill and tap.

Where are you situated, boet?

Thanks!

I'm in the kenwyn/ottery area, there are many engineering shops around, but first I need the plate and metal bending service, I cannot turn on my amplifier without mounting it down to a plate, and I need it desperately I'm even happy to pay a few rands more, just to get done this completed project has been tucked away for almost 2 years and never progressed as a result of metal work.

I have a dremel 4000 tool for the cutting if it comes to that.  :flame:

Offline lanties

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town - Bellville - Protea Valley
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:04:18 AM »
Like Shonver said. The aluminium in your image does not need to be fabricated, bend etc. It is stock standard stuff (extruded angle aluminium). You can possibly even buy it from builders warehouse. All that needs to be done is to cut and drill it.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox

Offline Chingy

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • VA Black
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
try NFM, 021 551 0286, they sell offcuts, then you don't need to buy 6 meter lengths  :thumbs:
BW Pre, Gunter Bolero, AR-LST, AKG 812, Rolls Bellari HA540, B&W PM1

Offline diyaudio

• AVForums Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 02:08:10 PM »
try NFM, 021 551 0286, they sell offcuts, then you don't need to buy 6 meter lengths  :thumbs:

Thanks Buddy!