Luno / Ethereum issue 25th November.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolby

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
If there is anyone else here that may have an an issue, please let me know.

Basically, Luno claim that the final price of a purchase will always be shown before the actual transaction and a user needs to confirm acceptance with a PIN code.

During the morning of 25th November when making purchase, the price on of Ethereum on Luno increased by 50% due to (apparently) liquidity and volumes. The issue is that this was *not* displayed (software glitch?) and many people ended up losing thousands (I lost R7,000 at a click). I've found a number of people on MyBroadband with the same issue and just came across a Facebook post with even more people complaining they were not informed. Lunos stance is that each of us missed the price when confirming ....

If there is anyone with this issue, please PM or go direct to the Luno at https://www.facebook.com/LunoSouthAfrica/posts/2092566310971673

I'm hoping with more people complaining (and maybe MyBB interference?) they'll admit their software wasn't accurate