Spur "Restaurants" - How do they still exist?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
We haven't been to a Spur in 3 years, since our son was in Grade 7. Prior to that we hadn't been in 5 or 6 years.

There used to be a fabulous Spur in Crowthorne, with a huge outdoor play area for the children - mini ferris wheel, go-karts & other fairground type rides plus a volleyball & netball court. It was a great place to go for a plate of Nachos & a few beers whilst the kids exhausted themselves :).

It closed & we moved our allegiance to Pappachino's around the corner from us. Outgrew that & now we have a new retail centre with an abundance of great quality eateries to choose from.

Cannot say we ever really missed Spur. My experience was that everything was basted in the same sauce - beef, chicken, lamb, pork: all basted with the same sauce & it all tasted the same. Nachos was about as safe as it got.

The primary school our children attend/ed have an annual event where the Grade 7's work as wait staff at the Spur for 2 nights. They are assisted by the regular staff & the idea is that parents/families go & have a meal & tip both the regular staff as per normal & tip the children. The money the children raise is used for an outreach program to fund christmas meals & presents at an orphanage.

Last night was Spur time.

WTAF? What has happened? Every 60 minutes some abhorrent and loud music is played & all the staff & children run around chanting & screaming for 5 minutes. Like a nightmare of a chiming alarm clock.

I decided to be brave & order a burger. I was not asked "how would you like it done", so before the waitress & child left I told her - my & my wife's burgers must please be medium rare.

Waitress answer: That is not possible sir. The meat is cooked from frozen, & if you ask for medium rare it is still raw & cold in the middle.

My response: Cancel the order & bring Nachos.

May the entire chain of an excuse for an eatery rot in hell.

/rant over :)

Latest posts