What is the best (and safest) way of connecting my PC to my DAC?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capetownwatches

Veteran Nogschlepper
Reaction score
Tenflare's post below recounting how a faulty USB port can damage equipment got me a little concerned, which got me thinking... :thinking:

At the moment my DAC is connected to my PC simply by an AQ Pearl USB cable (great cost-effective cable btw).

I have tried to isolate a port on a hub that is not being used by any other peripheral, not sure if I've managed that but I've never had any connection issues.
Even the notoriously sensitive Audio-gd Windows drivers have worked perfectly since installation (touch wood it stays that way).

I have used a Jitterbug for a while and could not hear any perceivable difference or change to the sound. I thus removed it, my thinking being that the fewer devices between Source and DAC the better, certainly if they don't deliver any improvement.

Now I am thinking that maybe if nothing else, the little Jitterbug could act as a "safety device" or buffer between USB port and DAC.
There have been other threads on this topic, but don't think this particular function has been discussed.

I am not in favour of spending a fortune on the following types of solutions, which seem like total overkill to me:

https://ifi-audio.com/power-2/

Opinions and alternatives awaited!

nano-iUSB3-01.45.png