NuPrime UDSD faulty

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duan

Reaction score
Good day

Has anyone had problems with the nuprime udsd dac?

I've had one for about two years now where i used it as a dac with the fixed line output into an old teac receiver powering floor stander speakers and the sound quality was wonderful.
The Left channel on the rca output suddenly stopped working ( I tried different cables and everything to see if it would make a difference but seems like something is maybe faulty inside the device).
What is weird is that the Headphone output on the udsd still works 100%
I tried the coaxial into the receiver aswell and the left channel is still not working.

The udsd is obvisously out of warrenty and the problem is i dont live near Johannesburg or Cape town.
My nearest biggest city is PE.
Does anyone maybe know of a store in PE that will definitely be able to attend to this?
Do you guys think it will even be worth it to try and sent it into a Audio store to repair it? If they can it will probably cost a fortune aswell (I bought mine for R2700 from cplan audio).
Im considering going for something else like the Arcam Irdac maybe that isn't too expensive.

I am using the dac with schiit magni aswell powering philips fidelio x2 headphones.

Any input will greatly be appreciated.