Sabaj Da3 DAC

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordBacon

Reaction score
A lekker small portable headphone DAC/Amp.

I started my HD headphone experience with the Origen Micca+ and was blown away by the clarity I was getting out of my collection and while streaming. However the negative thing was that I started to tune in my hearing and soon realised how crap my MP3s where!!! Although the Micca is DSD enabled, I was looking at another DAC to use at home next to the PC, and keep the Micca at the office.

And so started my budget hunting for an upgrade. Eventually, as per the post heading, I settled on the Da3 --- and just WOW.

tFnmL8F.jpg

For $97 on amazon I am impressed! super tiny and with balanced output for when I eventually get the cans to support it. So much value for money in the little package! DSD playback is supported up to 512 and performs flawlessly! On the work's iMac it is simple plug and play. will check what headache awaits me at home with Win10. (xmos drivers for win10 on their site) It sources it's power via the USB-C port at the back, and the pc at home has a dedicated USB-C port waiting for it. Included is a USB-A to USB-C cable, and on the Mac it is working just fine. Will be interesting to see what, if any, difference I will find with the USB-C to USB-C and it's clean power output via the USB 3.1 capabilities

Ecwtjvz.jpg

I was clever enough to bring some DSD files in to work this morning in preparation for the delivery, and just flippen wow :groovy:.

20170725094022512251.jpg

Yes it is not a high priced ticket item, but it presents clear unbiased sounding with no colouration that I can detect listening to the same files I know and love. Just crisper sounding to me.... I would like to know if anyone else has had some time with the same dac?

Sabaj is a subsidiary of the popular SML brand. The site has plenty of technical blah blah about which chips are on the board and what decodes what. All I know is... it sounds damn good, and I am a happy headphone camper!!!

Product Page:
http://www.sabaj.com.cn/en/productshow.asp?id=74
Driver:
http://www.sabaj.com.cn/Upload/download/20170807084020283.zip

Latest posts