Sonarworks and silver cable

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itscraig

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I have never used Sonarworks before, after Mr Xenithon recommended it i downloaded and installed it.
I guess it is not a new concept, we used equalizers for years.
What makes it so nice is the presets. Set it up for the headset you are using and tweak from there.

I have have now tried it with my LCD-2's and a silver cable, and i think it may just be on another level.
Yes I know that the cable does not make a huge difference, but the two together have changed the sound. And if i am to believe that it is as close to the way it was recorded as possible, I would believe it.
There are little details that have become clearer, instruments that sound like they should when being played.
Clean and crisp.

I have not used the stock cable for a long time and got it out to see what the difference would be. No huge difference, then hit the on/off button on Sonarworks and it is night and day, between the cables.
Well I am amazed that each cable has a different result. I have three cables that i have been changing.
It is like changing DAC's, each has something i like. However like headphones it is not something that I would continually change.
I have therefore settled on the silver cable, there is just something that i like about the sound. For this current setup anyway.

Latest posts