Anybody here own/owned B&W DM110s?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonver

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I recently got hold of a pair of B&W DM110s, which was at one time an object of desire for me. I preferred these over the DM220 floorstanders, because they seemed to have more bass punch. Now, a friend of mine still has the DM220 model, and they sounded great in his old house. I subsequently got hold of a pair of DM220is, which I did not take a liking to. Now I have these DM110s, and they seem to have a similar character to the DM220i that I did not like. If I can put a name to it, they sound harsh in the mids; they are more forward than my own hashed-up 2-ways. I will do some acoustic measurements to try and diagnose the problem, and my plan is to re-engineer the crossover if the drivers prove to be up to the task.

I just want to get the opinions from current or previous owners of this model, and also would like an opportunity to do a comparison should I eventually go the re-engineering route.

Comments, please...

Latest posts