How do they stay in business?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I recently bought another self-protection device and need a specific accessory for it. After some internet research, I found 5 firms stocking what I wanted to buy after making telephone enquiries.

I followed my conversations up with emailed requests for proforma invoices stating their prices and bankdetails. I had zero response from any of these businesses.

Yesterday, I tracked down a sixth supplier nearby and I did the same as above. At 10am they responded with a barrage of emails, each with an attached proforma addressed to someone in the USA for...wait... I'd better not write what was on their proformas but it wasn't what I wanted. Enough to say it was for copies of a document :Ooooooh:

By 3pm today I gave up and asked for their head office details. Three times, they supplied me with phone numbers which do not exist. I kid you not.

After much more effing-about, I at long last found the correct and working phone number and explained the madness of the previous hours and eventually, received the correct proforma so I could pay them.

I was assured by the sender of the long-awaited proforma that each of their three branches operates their own bank account with FNB in the area in which they operate. My payment was intended for their Cape Town branch but I later discovered my money ended up at their JHB branch...

What chaos :headbanger: I'm not holding my breath as I may well receive a couriered dodo carcass.

PS If Scottulus-Maximus sees this, please don't comment on what I want to buy as it concerns my safety at home.

skollie