Boston A360 DIY Feet

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terra

AVForums Member
Reaction score
So my hands started to itch last week as it has been a while since I built something in my garage.

Now, if you know the Boston A360 you'll recall the ugly rear end only feet for the cabinet. In my personal opinion, severe aesthetic fail! Mr Ken went on about the design of the cabs to compliment as much as possible the good looks of modern furniture, but heck, really?

Anyway, thought I'd up the looks a bit by making some feet with some scrap in the garage. Well, had to purchase some bolts and paint.

The Steel: Cut and prepped, did the rounded edges to match the cab front which is a rounded baffle.

Holes and thread: Was thinking of welding some nuts to the bottom for the spikes but being a 5mm plate, I sommer tapped some thread.

M8 S/S spikes: Thought I'd attempt making it myself with my bench grinder and drill. Came out okay'ish. I'll swing by a engineering shop at some point to have them professionally made with a sharper angle as well.

DIY spraybooth:  :facepalm:
Paint: Sommer got some black engine enamel. Thought I'd give this Spraymate stuff a go.

And Boom, fixed and looking good  :groovy: