Author Topic: *** Photobucket Fix!!! Try it! ***  (Read 14953 times)

Offline Katji

Re: *** Photobucket Fix!!! Try it! ***
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 08:17:02 PM »
 :giggle:

i use a 50" TV as a PC monitor because size matters  :sh1tstirrer:)
Damn, yes, I still haven't got around to choosing a 27" UHD monitor. 

Offline XL1000

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 06:53:47 AM »
Erik - you rock!!! Thank you Pal.  :dop:
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline hope

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 09:25:57 AM »
    Copied this from the 4x4 Community Forum, IT WORKS!!.... (At time of posting anyway)  :rubhands:

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

Opera is now catered for;
    Menu/Extensions/Get Extensions, search "photobucket hotlink fix", install.

Same result; all photobucket images embedded in posts on forums become unblocked.

Enjoy!

Thank you FD

Offline adsl3g

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 04:51:03 PM »
Great - thanks F_D

Offline adie

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 02:04:12 PM »
 :thumbs: :thumbs:
Thanks so much, though with Chrome I followed: More Tools> Extensions>open the Extensions dropdown at top left and, at the bottom, select Open Chrome Web Store> pasted Photobucket Fix and selected Photobucket Hotlink Fix (there are other options).

Online Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »

Please refer the first post in this topic for new information regarding Photobucket fixes. Firefox has disabled the previously mentioned "Photobucket Hotlink" for security reasons, so unless you apply the new add-on, you will no longer be able to see photobucket images placed on the forum.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 04:28:57 PM »
The fix is no longer needed.

Photobucket has restored functionality and one can again see the pics without a "fix". (Just look at the 2nd post in this thread to test.)

"Photobucket’s experiment with being a $399.99 premium service is over, and so too is the tenure of the CEO who led it. The Denver-based photo storing service on Thursday revealed it has slashed its prices and restored millions of photos around the internet hoping to mollify millions of customers it angered last year.

“It’s the first step of many to restore the trust of customers,” said Ted Leonard, Photobucket’s new CEO."

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2018/05/17/photobucket-drops-pricing-that-angered-millions.html

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:01:38 PM by Dubya Jay Dee »

Online Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 08:27:06 PM »
Weird... I have pics in my signature on the Hilux forum and they were not showing earlier today when I edited that message. I installed the fix I referred to and it worked so I assumed that was the fix allowing the pics to show.

Photobucket angered many people in what was probably the dumbest move ever made by any software house and I am sure it cost them lots in terms of lost customers and probably advertising revenue. They are going to have to work very hard before they inspire people to return to them.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/