Author Topic: MS*800 TS parameters  (Read 175 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
MS*800 TS parameters
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »
Hello gents.

I just recently got my hands on a mission ms-800 12" driver. Next step is to build a ice looking, to spec cab for it. Problem, finding the TS parameters for this thing is a "mission" on its own. I have emailed Mission asking for it, hopefully I will get what I need. But just in case....... Can anybody help me with the ts parameters for this driver pls. 

Cheers guys

Offline Mongoose

• AVForums Veteran
Re: MS*800 TS parameters
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:28:56 PM »
The only info, part no I can see or find, is on the side of the drivers magnet. It reads Mission LF-M148. Google has nothing at all.

Offline The Godfather

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »
Hi Cedric.

It is possible to measure the parameters of a driver. Any half decent sound card, free software, a couple of resistors, cables, amp and accurate weights (coins) or sealed box will get you there.

Fun learning experience

Offline Mongoose

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »
 Im lazy and was hoping not to have to go that route. Seems like its the only way forward. Will look into that option.

Offline Mongoose

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 10:17:47 AM »
So i found a website that has a software program that one can use to obtain the TS parameters as well as other driver info. I will share the link as soonest. Several passes/tries gave me consistant figures when  used the program with this ission driver.

Program requires a few simple connections to be made. Basically from the output of the pc back to the input of the same pc.

Will post link at bit later.

Thanx

Offline Mongoose

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »
And here is the website. Would be ideal for anyone wanting to start out without having to spend thousands of rands.

http://www.audiotester.de/