Author Topic: Furutech announces the "NCF Booster"  (Read 897 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
Re: Furutech announces the "NCF Booster"
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 05:57:29 PM »
A well-used word - The TRUTH

Our Hi-Fi Club Chairman - he who has golden ears - suspends his CD player on tennis balls cut in half and mounted on some squishy material.  Who are we to say it is hogwash?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:59:53 PM by chrisc »

Offline lanties

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town - Bellville - Protea Valley
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 06:37:35 PM »
But the moment he claims that those tennis balls are :-

“constructed from some proprietary technology; which in short, is a special crystalline material compound that contains nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder. These tennis balls effectively gives the Booster (and what it comes in contact with) superior vibration (mechanical and acoustical) dampening properties which is important in a high-end system seeing that vibrations can (and this is well described in technical publications) alter the characteristics of electronic equipment and/or affect the properties of crystals, conductors, etc. This interference results in distortion of the original signal(s), which may compromise the sound/performance of the system. That is, for example, why you (and all of you know this!) pay special attention to having good vibration isolation for your turntable (small signal).”

Then I am very convinced he is making extraordinary claims about those tennis balls. Even though he is stating some truths (e.g. vibration isolation) in his case it does not make everything true (Fallacy of association). I am also convinced that no one will blame me if I am especially sceptical about his “truth”. The burden of proof is not mine as I made no such extraordinary claims. I am just sceptical about the specials characteristics of those tennis balls. I think it is possibly snake oil and that ordinary 2nd hand Dunlop tennis balls will work equally as well.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Furutech - Pure Transmission
    • The Audio Visual Boutique - High-End Audio
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 06:53:42 PM »
I am not making extraordinary claims about the product's construction and/or materials used - those are all facts from Furutech.

It is now for you to test the product in your system and decide whether they make a difference or not and then come tell us all your findings.

Before that, this chit-chat is really just a waste of everyone's time.

Do you wish to demo the product in your system?
Jeandre

"Free you mind...Free your sensesTM"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAudioVisualBoutique

Offline lanties

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town - Bellville - Protea Valley
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 07:07:28 PM »
Sure thing. Why not. You can contact me via PM to get my exact address in Cape Town. Please send as many as you do believe I need  to experience the full results, at your earliest convenience. If you are based in Cape Town please come and visit and we can experience it together.

I will even invite a few "golden ear" formunites  to come and experience your product.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
  • Furutech - Pure Transmission
    • The Audio Visual Boutique - High-End Audio
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 07:19:17 PM »
Sure, will do.
Jeandre

"Free you mind...Free your sensesTM"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAudioVisualBoutique

Offline ScottulusMaximus

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 08:14:19 PM »
Facts and salesmen are very rare bed mates.
Importing made easy!

Offline oNyX

• AVForums Veteran
  • The more vintage the better...
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »
Facts and salesmen are very rare bed mates.

Or better yet. Facts don't make business.

But who am I.

Eskom lifts their cables off from the ground, especially along freeways and highways. So it can't be a myth.  :sulky:
Recapping of vintage equipment isn't restoration. By definition, restoration means returning to it's original condition.

Offline adie

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 11:56:26 PM »
Or better yet. Facts don't make business.

But who am I.

Eskom lifts their cables off from the ground, especially along freeways and highways. So it can't be a myth.  :sulky:

That's just so's they don't get stolen more than they already do :winkwink:

Offline oNyX

• AVForums Veteran
  • The more vintage the better...
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 02:27:45 AM »
That's just so's they don't get stolen more than they already do :winkwink:

:ROFLMAO:

Do insurance even cover the costs if cable elevators like these get stolen.  :thinking:
Recapping of vintage equipment isn't restoration. By definition, restoration means returning to it's original condition.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 08:40:27 AM »
I would like to hear this device in action

In fact, the CT Hi-Fi Club guys and girl (only one) are very keen to evaluate anything that might improve one's sound