DSTV over Fibre

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Irwin

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
It is great to see DSTV over fibre gaining traction. This is a great solution for receiving enough signal to connect multiple high definition decoders.
This is a brilliant way to get high enough signal to all properties within a "Multi-Dwelling Unit", I am happy to offer advice and consultation on these types of installations as we have carried these out before.

Let me just offer a side note to this article though. This is not over the same fibre as your internet fibre (although that is what it might sound like in the article).
It might be over the same "pipe" but bear in mind that the pipe that comes into your house usually has two or four, or possibly even eight cores. So this might come in over the same main fibre pipe into your property, but not over the same core as your internet.

I am not going to necessarily jump at doing the upgrade work myself  :p as upgrading existing systems can be quite challenging, but that being said they are very rewarding.

Let me know down below if you would like any advice on these.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadcasting/233175-dstv-customers-can-now-get-signal-through-their-fibre-line.html