First impresions of new Lumin D1

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Good day gents,

It has been awhile since I have contributed, but I felt this is worth a post.

Up to date I have been using Nuprime DAC9 with Apple TV and Apple Music. Fairly convenient but not too stable and not hi-res, and for me, 1 component too many.

I have always been after super simplicity, and after some investigation I ended up corresponding with Philip from Vivid Audio who are the agents for Lumin. He was very helpful and patient with me and I settled on the D1. Received it on Friday and set it up on the weekend together with opening a Hi-res Tidal account.

It is awesome, it is stable, it is easy, it is cool. So Tidal is on the D1, not the phone/pad, all controlled via Lumin app on phone/pad with balanced out going straight to power amp, perfect for me. I am quite new to digital music so please forgive the absence of a more technical review.

I have never spend to much time over a weekend just listening to music and discovering new music, it was great! I guess that is the biggest judge of a products success, for me anyway.

Lumin is quite a new brand but I am very happy to be an early adopter, I can't fault it.

Will post images later but Google for images and specs if you are interested.

Nicholas