Portable DAC

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TranSonicX

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Recently put an O2 amp together and loving this thing. Problem is I shouldn't have skimped on my order and should have ordered the ODAC at the same time.

Been looking around for a stand alone DAC without built in AMP, and not an easy thing to find.

Now the Dragonflys look nice but have the amp, and I see WhatHiFi just rated the Cyrus soundKey quite highly but it also has an amp. (Also not sure I will find the soundKey in SA). I am not sure if I could use either of these as just line out, looks like the DF will do this but seems like a waste to do that in the long run.

Those of you that have built your own gear understand it is going to be hard to sacrifice using it, and I would also like to be able to use the DAC with my full size gear at home.

The big problem is also the minister of finance is not happy with all this audio spending, so if you guys have any ideas for a stand alone, that would compliment my O2, is available locally and maybe about 2K (not asking to much here  :roll: ) I would appreciate some input. I could order the ODAC but if I could spend the shipping bucks on a better device locally. Hey maybe somebody got a ODAC they wanna sell?

Thanks,

Ross

Latest posts