Sound Proofing a Door

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Unit

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just moved into a new apartment and one issue is that the two bedrooms have a large door between them. And this is obviously not comfortable. specifically if my roommate or I brings a brings a girl home.

So some sound proofing needs to be done. The constraint is that I cannot glue/drill the door or walls. So My idea is to make a frame out of cheap wood and then use a collection of foam and other materials to insulate the two rooms.

The dimensions of the door are 128cm x 220cm. The outer frame is quite deep so Whatever I make can be thick.

To begin with I am thinking of finding a large piece of cheap Matters Foam with a Dimension of 130cm X 222cm (slightly larger than the frame) and then I will push it into the frame creating some sort of sound proofing. Once this is done Ill get some triangular sound proofing foam with some wooden frame and apply that infront of the other foam.

I have also read that using some sort of dense material will stop a lot of noise. So maybe i can create a frame and fill it with some material ?

I would love some suggestions.

Byron

Latest posts