Author Topic: help with project  (Read 178 times)

Offline AUDIOPH3LLIAC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
  • love building prototypes of any kind
help with project
« on: October 02, 2017, 03:01:34 AM »
 :notworthy:Hi

So, im busy with my latest DIY Repurposing project and i have hit a steel wall.

Here is the setup so far:
                              I have a Blaupunkt hifi turntable & cd player that some poor guy blew a hole into the amp circuit.

I have a kenwood car head unit, also blown at power supply( melted in fact) with usb, mmc and BT.

I have the speakers and whatever else

I want to harvest usb, mmc n bt circuits from head unit, but its obviously more than just the connections. what, with digital and analog.

So, HOW DO I HARVEST THOSE CIRCUITS CORRECTLY AND HOW DO I INTERGRATE THEM WITH TURNTABLE???

Please help
INSOMNIAC AUDIOPH3LLIAC [:grin:]

Offline JimGore

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: help with project
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 08:51:26 AM »
I don't think you will be able to do this very easily. The analogue parts aren't normally too bad, but the digital can be tricky. USB communications normally go through a dedicated comms chip, which is sometimes internal to a microprocessor which in turn will do all kinds of others tasks like handling the LCD display, buttons, etc as well.  Then you have the actual decoding and conversion to analogue, etc on top of that.

The only real way to do it is to 100% understand the circuitry you have there then make an informed decision about what where and how.

It will most likely be far easier to just rebuild it all without trying to harvest the bits (or put it in the bin and save your bucks then buy what you want).

Kind regards,
Ian.