Russian 6n2p vs 6n1p valves.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

R.I.P. 23 June 2023
Reaction score
I ordered JSC Voskhod 6N2P-EB/6AX7 valves which are supposedly a direct replacement for the Chinese 6N2 valves in my headphone amp.

The 6N2P-EB tube replaces 6AX7 and 6N2 types

6N2P Specs. (Additional Info)
www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/Russian-Tubes/Russian-6N2P-EB-6AX7

They sent me JSC voskhod 6N1P-EB valves instead.

The Russian 6N1P-EB is a small signal dual triode intended for use as a line level amplifier or driver in high quality audio amplifiers. These tubes are often found relabeled by Sovtek or Svetlana. Except for higher heater current, the 6N1P is similar to 6DJ8, ECC88 or 6922 types and may substitute for these types in some high level audio applications.
Check with your equipment manufacturer before using this tube as a sub for these types.

The 6N1P tube is equivalent to the Chinese 6N1 tube.  However we find they cause hum when used in Yaqin tube amps.  For these we suggest you upgrade to a different 6922 tube type.

Features include very low distortion, medium transconductance, higher plate-voltage and dissipation rating than 6DJ8 types, and larger cathode than 6DJ8 types. This gives it longer life and more transient current capability.

6N1P-EB Specs (Additional Info)
www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6922-E88CC-Tube-Types/Russian-6N1P

I put the 6N1P's in the amp no smoke no hot transformer no smell they sound great.
Better than the Chinese 6N1.  (Played it for 2 hours)

Now not understanding all the technical specs the only thing that might be a problem from my limited understanding is that the 6N2P Heater runs at 340 mA +- 35-- Vs the 6N1P @ 600 mA

Am I heading for trouble and damaging my amp in some way.

Please help.

Anybody who might have 2 x 6N2P they want to part with, that would be great and solve the quandry.

I see that they swap these valves out with out problems on some Decware amps 

Thank you.

Latest posts