Author Topic: SME arm coupling rubbers needed.  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Sten

SME arm coupling rubbers needed.
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »
Hello all. Does anyone have any SME 3009/12 replacement coupling rubbers to sell?
"In music the passions enjoy themselves"  Nietzsche.

Offline Aqualung

Re: SME arm coupling rubbers needed.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 06:16:39 PM »
Sten, I have actually done this repair a few times with short sections of 9.5mm fibreglass tent poles, and marine silicon!
I found that it still de-couples adequately, it is a permanent fix - will never sag again, and most importantly:
It took nothing away from my system's sound signature, but added probably the same value as when I moved from R300 to R3000 cables!
Try it - nothing to lose?!  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:18:40 PM by Aqualung »
I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:43:59 PM »
Glad someone posted a real response (Aqua), now I don't feel as guilty posting this.

Coupling rubbers are easily found at your local chemists, and you should be able to get one that fits yr tent pole.... :flame:
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline vleisman

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 06:47:40 PM »
... and the tent pole will never sag again?   :pray:

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »
Hello all. Does anyone have any SME 3009/12 replacement coupling rubbers to sell?

Hi Sten

Get the real thing or sell the arms as they are.  I suspect your buyers will know what they are buying, a kluge repair will imo devalue them more than selling a mint arm that needs new rubbers. 

How many sets would you need?
I don't really have any to spare but may actually need to order more.  Maybe we can do a small SME spares group buy. 
Anyone else need any small bits?
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline vleisman

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 07:55:56 PM »
I need the sinker, and the fishing line

Offline Aqualung

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »
Some of you guys crack me up - thanks! Life is too short for anything else...  :groovy:
I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »
I need the sinker, and the fishing line

And the hook?
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline vleisman

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 08:14:36 PM »
There's no hook in jazz  :groovy:

Offline Aqualung

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 08:33:13 PM »

I may not be a FAG (Forum Audio God) but I beg to differ - I AM hooked on Jazz!  :groovy:

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 08:46:25 PM »

In jazz (the musical style) there's often a hook.  In other jazz related items not so much so, but there may be a hooker

Offline Aqualung

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 08:52:18 PM »
Do I have to say it twice? You guys crack me up.
Sten, apologies - We have completely derailed your post... but you have had various degrees of useful advice!?  :BWAHAHAH:

Offline 2wice

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 09:37:51 PM »
I might be keen on 2 couplers please Mr G

Offline Rockit

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 06:44:35 AM »

Hi Sten

Get the real thing or sell the arms as they are.  I suspect your buyers will know what they are buying, a kluge repair will imo devalue them more than selling a mint arm that needs new rubbers. 

How many sets would you need?
I don't really have any to spare but may actually need to order more.  Maybe we can do a small SME spares group buy. 
Anyone else need any small bits?

I can do with a belt or two...

Offline handsome

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »
2x sets of coupling rubbers for me too. (SME not ribbed)