Author Topic: New AV Room build  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Midpops

Re: New AV Room build
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 04:19:37 PM »
 :2thumbs: Following...

Offline matthieup

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 10:45:17 AM »
1 piece of advice is chase as many conduits you might need in future for all cables.

reading through the thread i find interesting that we only mention 1 sub in these systems...

Offline geo

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »
How i long for the day i can build my home theatre :sd:

Offline Moolz

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
Awesome room! A great space to convert into a proper listening room.
You also havent done cornices yet - so perfect time to set your rear speakers and run the cables in the cornices!

Offline vee

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 08:10:35 AM »
thanks for replies and suggestions guys. have made some progress ans will post pics tonight.
@Moolz - good call on the cornices - actually forgot i need to get them

Offline Morgan Irwin

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 08:45:44 AM »
Following to see the progress on your self build.
We will also be starting to post information about our recent cinema build on the forum under our commercial page soon too.

I will be sure to let you know when we start.
"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.MirrorEdgeNetworks.com

Offline vee

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 03:08:45 PM »
Quick update:
Plug moved
Wall and ceiling painted
Getting there slowly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Dolby

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 07:17:51 PM »
Nice !

I'm curious about the soundproofing ... hate the neighbors knowing I'm listening to Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift ..

Offline matthieup

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »
Nice !

I'm curious about the soundproofing ... hate the neighbors knowing I'm listening to Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift ..

That's my main issue too at the moment as my room is underneath the kids ones... There is a concrete slab but i need to try and make measurements somehow to see how much noise i get up there at various levels. I'm mostly worried about the bass. What's the best way to measure that? A laptop and a mic? What type of mic is best?

Offline Midpops

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »
Looking good vee  :clap: awesome colour.

Offline Razr

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »
great room and a lot of potential ,

out of interest sake round about how much does it cost to ass a room above a double garage , the same size as  the garage , id love to do something similar

Offline vee

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 07:55:23 PM »
great room and a lot of potential ,

out of interest sake round about how much does it cost to ass a room above a double garage , the same size as  the garage , id love to do something similar
Thanks bud
Not sure, it was part of a bigger extension we did at home. Depending on the roof type u probably looking at +-R3000 per sqm for wet work.

Offline vee

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »

That's my main issue too at the moment as my room is underneath the kids ones... There is a concrete slab but i need to try and make measurements somehow to see how much noise i get up there at various levels. I'm mostly worried about the bass. What's the best way to measure that? A laptop and a mic? What type of mic is best?

My room is next to my kids room, also keen to find out more about this

Offline XL1000

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »
My kids grew up with Mom and Pop going through a real party phase - Roger Waters at +15DB on a RX-V1200 many a night amongst other movies.
They learned to sleep through it mostly, once or twice they came downstairs with an annoyed look, then we would call it a day.
Today, many years later they recognise all the music we used to listen to. Wonder why?

Is your ceiling not high enough to add a layer of sound insulation and maybe a suspended ceiling?
That or ear plugs with motion sickness tablets. (Only kidding)
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline vee

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »

My kids grew up with Mom and Pop going through a real party phase - Roger Waters at +15DB on a RX-V1200 many a night amongst other movies.
They learned to sleep through it mostly, once or twice they came downstairs with an annoyed look, then we would call it a day.
Today, many years later they recognise all the music we used to listen to. Wonder why?

Is your ceiling not high enough to add a layer of sound insulation and maybe a suspended ceiling?
That or ear plugs with motion sickness tablets. (Only kidding)

Ceiling is a std 2.2m so reducing further won't work.