NOS Heathkit AJ-12E Valve Stereo FM Tuner Help Please

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akomeogi

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Have a full kit which I started assembling recently. Everything has gone perfectly smooth, with all components exactly matching the descriptions and values shown in the manual. Then, when almost complete, an issue....

Basically the FM Front end is a pre-assembled module, but the one included in the Kit is a single valve unit, whereas the unit shown in the only assembly manual I could obtain is a double valve module.

I am 100% sure that the single valve module is the original that was included in the kit and I suspect that the manual I own shows a later upgrade to the AJ-12.

I have no way of identifying / ascertaining which pins connects to what and have been unable to find any useful information on the internet.

Do we have any radio experts around, or has anyone in the distant past built either an AJ-12 or AJ-32 tuner and still have a manual lying around?

Sorry, can't do pictures until the weekend, but would appreciate any help / guidance that can be offered.