For Vleisman...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was very concerned over Vleisman's quote in the 'SA Artists worth mentioning' thread re his lack of knowledge concerning Opera. So to help him understand Opera, I wish to introduce the following easy "Dummies' Guide to Opera", as presented by one Victor Borge. Borge has a very unique distinctive method of explaining difficult matters such as the one in the short youtube link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bieAjQofjE

Vleisman, you will enjoy a thorough understanding of matters Operatic afterwards. No need to thank me, please just forward me some Chillibites.

vleisman said:
Well that's the thing, I don't like opera.  I don't really understand it and have never sat through a full proper one. But I do like opera singers it seems. On the weekend we were at One Fox. The Gauteng Opera did a show that included some probably well known opera songs.  And popular ones from the likes of Johnny Clegg and Bright Blue.  I was moved to tears, it's unlike any other performances I've seen

-F_D

Latest posts