Home Automation - Smartkit

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolby

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
About 2 or 3 months ago, I started looking for (affordable) home automation for my own home and evaluated any brand and product I could get hold of. I found that many brands available locally were scattered, not actively promoted and difficult to find - although most are fantastic! I chatted to a friend regarding possibly consolidating and selling these brands in a single space ... and the smartkit idea was born.

Long story short - www.smartkit.co.za is now live and we sell Amazon Dot, Sonoff, Quikswitch, OpenSprinkler and AirTies currently. We another few brands joining in the next few weeks.

A bit more info : We'll also be doing the hobbyist-type of automation (Arduino, Pi, MQTT, senors, dev boards etc) and will have a forum/blog for the occasional updates from either us or any of the brands. Additionally, in that blog we'll put up videos up some common questions received on real word performance. For example, the two questions we've received frequently are related lag on relays ... so we took a real world video.

The site is going to dynamic and will change according to what you guys want - so, please, feel free to mail [email protected] or PM me direct - whether product recommendations / queries / teething issues / suggestions or anything you wish.

Thanks

Latest posts