Advice needed to save my SR5007

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthieup

AVForums Member
Reaction score
So,

I need advice on the possible course of action I have.

My Marantz SR5007 bought form Dion is out of the 'normal' warranty. At the time i bought an extra 3 year warranty from them which has kicked in. It is apparently from Mutual and Federal.

Now my amp lost the right channel, and I have a buzzing coming on the sub connector. I took it back 2 and half weeks ago for repairs. They phoned after 2 weeks (and again yesterday with the same story) to tell me the warranty people don't want to pay as they claim it is physical damage. Now the amp has been in its cabinet untouched, so this is BS. After my complaints she said she'll try again and phoned me yesterday with the same story that M&F doesn't want to budge.
When I asked what the quote was (to decide if it is worth the fight) she told me they don't even know as the device hasn't left the shop to be assessed as the insurer doesn't want to pay.......

How can they even claim it is physical damage if no one as seen or plugged in the amp ???????

Needless to say I'm furious and will not let this pass. She's due to send me their com via emails. If there are maybe lawyers here. can you let me know what course of action I have?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Latest posts