Boston HD Series Speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stereosane

Where Music & Emotions Meet
Reaction score
So I managed to find a pair of the HD7 in excellent condition. Just sitting and listening now for an hour and I'm very impressed  :faint:

My reason for looking for them is I recently bought a pair of HD10 which I have now sold, but I read that the HD7 has the best midrange of the lot and the HD10 where damn good with an amazing soundstage so I had to try find a pair of HD7.
Well I'm so blown away by how good they sound, they just do music in a way that's so easy and inviting, It just flows if that makes any sense  :dance: the only negative is that the surrounds perish but besides that they really are great, I'm powering them with the Predator which is overkill I guess.. Vocals are scary good, the whole midrange has a presence about it, kind of reminds me of the Wharfedale 10.1 midrange.

So my question is what makes them so good, the box sounds hollow and is very light, it's got cheap spring clips as binding posts, it's got a wider baffle than modern speakers and it's not ported, not sure about the crossover but I'm guessing it's nothing to special or maybe I'm wrong. The whole speaker looks good but feels light and very entry level but hell do they sound good.