Tannoy Center with B&W CM1's ??

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lament

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have no idea if this is the correct subforum to ask this, relatively new to this forum, but I have a question :
Currently my Home Theatre consists of the Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 with a Marantz SR5004,  they sound pretty good on movies but the sound is not that great for music. So I can get a pair of B&W CM1's for a fantastic price, so I want to use the CM1's as my front left & Right speakers, and move the Boston's to the center of the room (basically changing my 5.1 to 7.1). Now as I understand the Left, right and Centre goes hand in hand, I can't have B&W's with a crappy little Boston as a center speaker (Not really that crappy, but not in the B&W's league). Apparently, if there are sounds moving across the speakers you will hear a big inconsistency between them.
So, let's be honest, I don't have another 6k laying around for a secondhand B&W center speaker, but I can get a Tannoy MXC for a good price, Will the Tannoy also sound as inconsistent as the Boston Speaker will with the B&W's, or should this setup be fine?

Latest posts