The bloody Flu

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumb and Dumber

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Sometimes I am lucky and do not get the flu for two years in a row, but this year it's got me good. What makes it worse is that it usually goes to my chest as well, then it takes more than just a few days to get well.
So I want to prevent it as best as I can. One of the better preventions is to wash your hands regularly. That is easy enough, except at my work, the soap gets stolen regularly etc. I work with a lot of people and there are always sick people coming to my office, this situation is not preventable. I have a bad habit of regularly touching my face, so to get infected by sick people comes easy for me.
So I thought of getting these hand sanitizers. Especially for use before eating.
How safe are they to use daily before eating your home made sandwiches? I feel its not soap and contains chemicals that kills germs, and since you just applied them on your hands, won't these chemicals contaminate your food? Or are they totally safe to use multiple times every day?
Sorry if this is a silly question :)