Author Topic: Spendor announces new A-Line loudspeakers  (Read 670 times)

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Furutech - Pure Transmission
    • The Audio Visual Boutique - High-End Audio
Spendor announces new A-Line loudspeakers
« on: July 26, 2017, 08:57:32 PM »

SPENDOR has announced major revisions/additions to their highly acclaimed, multi-award winning A-Line loudspeaker range.

The new Spendor A-Line loudspeakers (A1, A2, A4 and A6R) prove you don’t need a big space, or budget, to enjoy dynamic, open and exhilarating sound. If you’re someone who truly loves music, whichever model you chose, they will add a whole new dimension to your listening pleasure.

They are slim, compact and you can place them easily and unobtrusively into your living space and they will fill the room with a clear captivating sound. And thanks to innovative Spendor technology the A-Line loudspeakers will get the very best from whatever equipment you have.

The new Spendor A-Line loudspeakers deliver class leading performance. They are the most adaptable and affordable loudspeakers we have ever created.

HIGHLIGHTS
•   Engineering innovation from the multi-award winning Spendor SA1, A6R and D7 loudspeakers
•   New Spendor EP77 Polymer cones
•   Three elegant natural veneer finishes: Black Ash, Dark Walnut and Natural Oak (A6R also in Cherry)
•   Deep articulate bass
•   Calibrated and matched to broadcast reference standard
•   British design and manufacture

New A-Line:

A1 – 2-way shelf mount

A2 – 2-way floorstanding

A4 – 2-way floorstanding (already a 5-star What HiFi? award winner!)

A6R – 2-way floorstanding (a multi-award winner)

Jeandre

"Free you mind...Free your sensesTM"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAudioVisualBoutique

Online Nidri

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Don't panic.
Re: Spendor announces new A-Line loudspeakers
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:07:13 PM »
Spendors are truly special.
Can't wait to hear the A2's.

Online Nidri

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Don't panic.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 08:29:11 PM »
So I've had a pair of Spendor A2's for about a week now.
(Connected to a Predator.)

Was looking for small floorstanders that wouldn't mind being a little close to the back wall (about 30cm).
(This requirement is just one of those domestic things I have to work around.)
And since I love the sound signature of the SA1's - smooth, detailed but never harsh or fatiguing - I thought I would give the A2's a go.

Turns out it was a good call.
The A2's have many of the qualities that make the SA1's so pleasant to listen to.
But added to those there is a tight, tuneful bass with these that belies their relatively small size (756 x 150 x 250mm HWD).
But the LF isn't dominant in any way - frequency wise it all feels very well balanced, with good soundstage.
As a side note, the tweeters used are the wide-surround model from the Classic range while the midbass is based on D-range technology.

Been listening to some Fleetwood Mac, Neil Finn, Aimee Mann and Led Zeppelin and enjoying some favourite albums on these speakers.

All in all, I'm really impressed with the way these sound. Also doesn't hurt that they're beautifully finished, but light enough so that moving them around isn't an operation.

Not the best pics, but here are some quick shots (btw this is the Dark Walnut finish):

Offline stereosane

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 10:34:22 PM »
 Very very nice, they look stunning in that finish. I'm still dying to hear my first pair of Spendors.

Happy Listening  :dance:

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Furutech - Pure Transmission
    • The Audio Visual Boutique - High-End Audio
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 06:23:32 AM »
So I've had a pair of Spendor A2's for about a week now.
(Connected to a Predator.)

Was looking for small floorstanders that wouldn't mind being a little close to the back wall (about 30cm).
(This requirement is just one of those domestic things I have to work around.)
And since I love the sound signature of the SA1's - smooth, detailed but never harsh or fatiguing - I thought I would give the A2's a go.

Turns out it was a good call.
The A2's have many of the qualities that make the SA1's so pleasant to listen to.
But added to those there is a tight, tuneful bass with these that belies their relatively small size (756 x 150 x 250mm HWD).
But the LF isn't dominant in any way - frequency wise it all feels very well balanced, with good soundstage.
As a side note, the tweeters used are the wide-surround model from the Classic range while the midbass is based on D-range technology.

Been listening to some Fleetwood Mac, Neil Finn, Aimee Mann and Led Zeppelin and enjoying some favourite albums on these speakers.

All in all, I'm really impressed with the way these sound. Also doesn't hurt that they're beautifully finished, but light enough so that moving them around isn't an operation.

Not the best pics, but here are some quick shots (btw this is the Dark Walnut finish):

Hey Nidri.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you're enjoying them :thumbs:

Jeandre

"Free you mind...Free your sensesTM"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAudioVisualBoutique