small new trick with Foobar

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1447

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
given the issues with photobucket i cannot post this in the "Foobar made easy" thread since that one doesnt contain pictures anymore plus i want to test if i can postimage to work so im posting this little trick on its own

in the earlier thread i had described how to install Foobar as a portable configuration onto your dektop .... well you can just copy and paste that Foobar folder if you want multiple instances of Foobar with different Libraries .... all you have to do after you have the second instance is to remove all the entries for the library in your second instance and just add new entries which point to the folders you require in that second instance

so for the moment i have three instances on my main rig and heres a screen shot of this

Desktop.jpg

so my first instance i have added entries for my full albums which include all my Flac and mp3 as well as 24/96 and 24/192 files and also all my DSD full albums

Album_Icon.jpg

then i have a separate istance of Foobar to add my Wav files because these are mostly repeats of what i have in Flac - so to avoid these appearing twice in one instance - i have separated them out

Wav_Icon.jpg

then i have also kept my Indian Music totally separate and heres the screenshot of that instance

Indian_Music_Icon.jpg

in order to keep these instances all differentiated i downloaded a few different 3D styled Icons for Foobar .... its easy to just find these using google so you can add the instance to your taskbar then you can actually enter the properties of that particular instance and theres an option to change the icon .... just remember that you have to reboot the machine for the Icon to actually show up as changed (small tip here : do not use all the other graphics formats since it prefers to work mainly with the .ICO format and sometimes the .png or .gif files do not work so stick to downloading the .ICO versions)

now im working on tagging my mp3 playlists and compilation folders which comprise of individual tracks and not full albums and im going to eventually add a 4th instance for all of that

hope this helps someone in getting Foobar to working better for your application of it .... if anyone is still using Foobar .... i know im sticking to it because i cant find anything that works better for my personal requirements even amongst all the paid programs and applications out there