Pop Quiz: Here's a screenshot, which device am I listening to...?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capetownwatches

Veteran Nogschlepper
Reaction score

I am continuously amazed by both the sound quality and sheer ability to play almost any kind of Hi-Res file that my LG-V20 (LG-H990) possesses.

I sound like a stuck record I know, but I love this device. In terms of pure SQ I have not heard a DAP that equals it's ability to resolve 320k mp3 in such an organic and satisfying manner. I listen to mainly 16/24 bit FLAC up to 96kHz (although 192kHz is handled with ease, I don't really hear an improvement that is sufficient to offset the huge files).

I use mainly my 250 ohm Beyer DT770s which the V20 drives with authority and wonderful clarity, punch and soundstage (for closed cans, nothing much else comes close).

The implementation of the ES9218 DAC is nothing short of miraculous in this device - IMHO LG have hit a home run with this one. Much has been written and argued over online regarding the V20, but all one has to do is listen with the RIGHT headphones and HQ files and one would need to have ears of cloth not to appreciate what LG has accomplished here.

And it's a great phone as well..! In fact, I just bought an almost brand new one as backup since I NEVER want to be without a V20!  :nutter: