What Amp Would You Buy 4 R30 000 ( New or 2nd Hand )

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stereosane

Where Music & Emotions Meet
Reaction score
Hi Guys

So I'm looking at trying out some different amplifiers in my main system. I upgraded a year ago from an Exclame to a Predator, then I recently upgraded my second systems amp to a full tube amp, and here's where my trouble has started...

Im looking for slightly more warmth and I slightly more forgiving sound, the Predator has fulfilled 90% of what I wanted when I got it but at the same time I feel I lost that little bit of extra warmth and forgiveness of the Excalme, the Predator seems to be a bit to revealing of my poorer recordings which has started to bug me, I can here all the shortcomings in them and it's starting to get to me, even some good recordings sound harsh on high pitched sounds,  on the other hand the Cayin tube amp is so much more forgiving. So now I'm thinking of getting the Cayin A100T which is 100w x 2 Tube amp, I'm also supposed to be getting a home Demo on the Primare i32 but I'm still waiting for confirmation on that.

So what other amps in the R20k - R30k region should I look at trying, I know the Predator is mos probably the better buy at this price range but it's just missing that synergy in my system, so I side ways move is fine. My main criteria is:

Good Bass Slam
Clarity
Smooth forgiving sound
Good micro detail
Big soundstage

Basically I don't want it to warm and syrupy or Clinical and cold a balance in between would be great. I would prefer a tube amp but will consider a SS amp as well, it's going to run a pair of Sonus Faber Luito Towers with a Nad M51 Dac. The Luitos are an easy load except in the lower bass where the impedance dips a lot.

Thanks