Author Topic: WANTED: Output Transistors For B&O Beomaster 1400K (2N5034)  (Read 257 times)

Offline AudioJunkie

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Always on the lookout for old equipment.....pm me
Morning Gents

I started working on Beomaster 1400k and I'm in need of output transistors. I thought of using more modern replacements
but I thought I should atleast try here on the forum to source a few of the original ones first as it would look much better.

Part number is 2N5034, I need about three. If anyone has a few that are working and want  to get rid of them please let me know,
I'm willing to pay.

I'm located in Pretoria and willing to collect anywhere close by this weekend.

Looking to buy or sell your property in Centurion or Midrand and require a trustworthy and knowledgeable estate agent to assist you?? Please contact me asap..

Offline AudioJunkie

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Always on the lookout for old equipment.....pm me
Re: WANTED: Output Transistors For B&O Beomaster 1400K (2N5034)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »
Maybe this should be moved to the vintage audio section? Maybe id get a better response. If mods think its a good idea, please have this thread moved.

Dankie

Vishen
Looking to buy or sell your property in Centurion or Midrand and require a trustworthy and knowledgeable estate agent to assist you?? Please contact me asap..

Offline kubusi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Member
Re: WANTED: Output Transistors For B&O Beomaster 1400K (2N5034)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:07:57 PM »
The mounting of the 2N5034 is uncommon, but the nearest electrical equivalent is the 2N3055 NPN with a TO3 casing, so if you are able to fit the 2N3055 type transistors you should be OK, they are very common and should still be freely available and if you ask around I am sure you will find plenty from members who construct their own amps sitting with lots of them.
FIRST LAW OF VALVE AMPLIFIERS
Hot glass looks exactly the same as cold glass.