Author Topic: LF O-rings  (Read 677 times)

Offline irengineer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • An IT guy's view on the world
LF O-rings
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:49:28 PM »
I had a new lightweight idler wheel made for my Lenco based turntable.

I need an o-ring with an inside diameter of 56mm and 5mm cross section. Has to fit the ring below, anybody know where I can get one?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

“Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don’t have any surface noise.  I said, “Listen, mate, life has surface noise.” 

John Peel ( the longest serving of the original BBC Radio1 DJs)

Offline GECO

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Re: LF O-rings
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 07:40:18 PM »
Bearing man will help you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline HBAutomation

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »
You can also get it on a reel and purchase by the metre. Than cut and super glue?
If done correctly it will be seamless.

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »
You can also get it on a reel and purchase by the metre. Than cut and super glue?
If done correctly it will be seamless.

I have had a few of those come round as rega belts.  Still to see the seamless one.  On an idler I think the beautiful wheel wasted with a joined tyre. 

As Geco says.  Bearing man or seal suppliers.   Neoprene or natural rubber? Which will sound the most swell. 
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline irengineer

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 10:04:05 PM »
Thank you, will try Bearing Man. Suppose I'll buy a few compounds and listen. Currently running a stock plastic wheel and I can hear a faint rumble on my IsoKinetik/ZYX combo, but the Grace/Denon combo is quiet. Suspect the current wheel is not 100% perpendicular with the platter surface, running bit skew...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don’t have any surface noise.  I said, “Listen, mate, life has surface noise.” 

Offline vinyljan

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Finishing projects
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »
I had a new lightweight idler wheel made for my Lenco based turntable.

I need an o-ring....

Sorry for the hijack....can you have some more made? Price? With an o-ring of course  :whistler:
In a maximum bank turn in a normal category airplane, like a typical Cessna, everything is fine until you turn across your own wake

Offline irengineer

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:38:05 AM »
Dewald made this one for me. It is super light, as the first version was a bit heavy. You can see how thin everything was made. Let me get this one done with a belt/o-ring to see how it works first. I got a few PM's with suggestions for the o-rings, and also a few about how to make an o-ring using 5mm polyurethane belts from RS components. Maybe pop Ghostinthemachine a PM about the actual wheel? It will be a bit pricey as is literally took hours and hours of machining to get it thin like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk