LG ARX 10

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blessing1981

Reaction score
Good day guys I recently had an issue at home where it seemed like my kitchen light was connected to the plug in the lounge, every time I switch on the fluorescent light in the kitchen everything plugged in to the plug in my lounge would "flicker" including the sound on my LG ARX 10, the sound system would go quiet for like a few seconds and then play normally again after the fluorescent light is on, it seemed as though the plug was losing power at that point and then the power goes back to normal so now it seems that process has somehow damaged my sound system, because now when you switch on the sound system it plays for like 10 seconds and no more sound at all, so the sound system is 2 months out of warranty, but to cut a long story short I spoke to a friend of mine who is an electrician and he suggested I open the sound and check the fuses because it is possible that the  power frequency (the plug power dropping and getting back to normal again) variations my have blown one of the fuses, what's the possibility of that?? Would it be worth it for me to check the sound?? I would like to take it to an approves repairer but I just don't want to take it there and get charged an arm and a leg only to find that the sound only has a blown fuse, please advise