Great day's buying.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analogos

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Sitting at lunch at a place called Moo Moo's at Brooklyn, I look out the window and say to the wife that there is a Look and Listen and now would be a good time to get Alice in Wonderland on Blu-Ray for the kids.
We walked away with Alice in Wonderland and many more CD's such as The Clash and some music for the wife.
My daughter loves The Cure ,from me playing the vinyls at home.
I took The Cure-Geatest Hits cd and threw it in to the purchase, after all now she can play the CD herself.
Surprise , surprise when I got home and noticed two discs containing 18 tracks each.
Disc 1 has the originals and disc 2 has the same 18 songs but done acoustically.
This has to be one of the most enjoyable musical experiences I have had from a band since Nirvana's unplugged or Billy Idol's performance at Sessions at West 54th.
Robert Smith almost "over" sings some of the tracks and it suits him perfectly, he has just the right voice with enough style to pull it off.
Tracks like A Forest, The Lovecats, Lullaby, Close to me, Just Like heaven, The Walk and Friday I'm in love are done with so much care and musical flare that it's almost enough to give you goosebumps on your nails.
It was a big surprise to get that second disc and a blessing at the same time.

Another great disc I walked away with was a band called Civil Twilight.
Their debut album contains the track Letters from the sky.
Often played on the radio and made popular by the Twilight Saga.
More than half the tracks on this album are worth more than a serious listen.

All in all a good day's worth of software purchases.