Saying Farewell to a Legend

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
June 2017 marks the end of production for the much loved SA-Reference power amplifier as we see the very last of our premium model being hand assembled by our senior team. 

As the final evolution of the highly regarded SA-250, the SA-Reference achieved its purpose of becoming one of the finest power amplifiers in any class with numerous recommendations from reviewers and amongst the audiophile community.

The first release of the SA-Reference in September 2004 was set to be a limited run of only 100 units and each faceplate was individually engraved with the build number. The demand that followed was somewhat unexpected and eventually lead to the SA-Reference numbers quadrupling and the production spanning an impressive 13 years.

I personally have been involved in assembling Plinius amplifiers since early 2000, so this is a satisfying moment for me as we seal the last crate for dispatch 17 years on.
I look forward now to a next generation of flagship amplification with the Reference Series RA-300 which begins a new chapter in the next few weeks.

Aaron Haines
Production Manager