Audi A4 B8 1.8T carbon emission.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simphiwes

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Got the Audi a4 B8 version. I got the following issues I'd like to get out the way before I take it in for repairs. I serviced this car myself 6months ago and poured 4.5 litres of oil. Checked oil during the week and the car was almost empty. So bought another 5ltrs and poured in the same amount as last time.

Secondly I have noticed for the passed six 3months that the exhaust has some white "steam" coming out of it mixed with carbon. Got close to smell it is smells like water. Is this normal? My opel Corsa uti has clear "steam" no carbon or it ain't visible with the naked eye.

Having done some research the possible issues sighted were a Faulty n80 valve but the car doesn't have issues or symptoms related to a faulty n80 valve. Other issues mentioned were a vacuum leak...I haven't been able to rule this out completely but have replaced the pcv valve in the meantime and have bought a diverter valve to replace the current one but I doubt I need to as I don't have boost issues but I might be wrong....I spoke to a friend that owns an audi S3 and he says this type of oil consumption is normal. It's par for the course for an Audi... Please help settle this.

Latest posts