Author Topic: LF: Electric Motor Rewinding - PTA?  (Read 141 times)

Offline DRNB

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
LF: Electric Motor Rewinding - PTA?
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:40:43 AM »
Hi, I have a very old DeWalt Radial arm saw from my dad that I want to fix. There seems to be two issues with it.

1) Motor doesn't start, and it doesn't seem to be the starting cap nor relay that is the problem.
2) The belt driving the height adjustment is vrot. Spares seems to be available online though.

Questions:
- Worth fixing?
- Where in Pta area is the best place to have the motor checked, possibly re-winded?
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." (Russian Proverb)

Offline DRNB

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
Re: LF: Electric Motor Rewinding - PTA?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
Not even one response  :(. I thought people this forum knows all the best places when comes to anything DIY/workshop related topics.

Anyway, I dropped off the motor at VOLT'SIN'AMPS in Wonderboom. Not sure if they're the best, but most convenient to drop off. (closest to Centurion that I could find, which is far from close). They quoted me R1 850.00 to rewind.

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." (Russian Proverb)

Offline Skylar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
Re: LF: Electric Motor Rewinding - PTA?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 12:18:33 AM »
Maybe a bit late, but if you don't come right there, contact me. I have a friend who's an armature winder (very experienced) and I'm pretty sure that he would do it for a lot less. He is in Centurion, btw.
If you can't see the bright side of life, then polish the dull side.