Anybody used RS Components recently?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Placed an order on 15th April for some switches, total value R4500,00.  I noticed they debited my card acc that day with R4500,00

The actual order was despatched on 29th April and the invoice value of R4500,00 was debited to my card acc again

The goods arrived on 10th May and I asked for the debit dated 15th April to be reversed

Then followed 8 emails from one Grace Madzimure giving 5 different reasons why RS debit an account upon an order and telling me in the next sentence that no debit was processed

My bank (Capitec) advise that both debits were most definitely processed.  They confirmed it again today

On 22nd May I received a copy of an undated letter from RS Components addressed:  "To whom it might concern" instructing this person/entity to cancel the debit and refund me.  No amount, no date, no card number.  Upon querying this with this Grace woman, she said "Oh, ABSA Bank will know what to do".  I mentioned that there is no date, no amount, the letter is unsigned, bears no reference to a transaction, so how will they know what to do.  Down went the phone

RS have a chat service.  So I clicked on here and started a chat.  The person, Alan said he does not deal with account queries and ended the chat

I have called 3 times and asked for a manager.  No managers are available to take calls I am told

A great pity, I have been buying from RS since 1983 and found them efficient, if a bit expensive.  But this episode has put me right off